Cheap, easy Thanksgiving decor ideas that actually look good are hard to come by. That’s why this super cute idea for Tasty Turkey Table Toppers is perfect for you. You can make dozens of them for about $10. The original idea came from my mom’s swim aerobics instructor. My mom brought a turkey for each place setting the first time my husband and I hosted Thanksgiving in our new home.
Cheap, easy Thanksgiving decor: Tasty Turkey Table Toppers
- Edible glue: 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon of water in a cup or bowl. Add water 1 teaspoon at a time to make it the consistency of Elmer’s glue.
- 1 package of striped fudge cookies
- 1 bag of Reese’s mini peanut butter cups
- Chocolate stars or chocolate wafers (we used the melting wafers from a package of Baker’s Dipping Chocolate)
- 1 bag of candy corn
- “Glue” an unwrapped peanut butter cup to the middle of the cookie to make the turkey’s belly.
- Glue a chocolate wafer to the bottom of the peanut butter cup to make the turkey’s feet.
- Glue a candy corn piece for the beak.
- Allow turkeys to lie flat on their backs while icing glue dries.
Stand a turkey on each plate. Or take a whole flock of them as a treat for your office staff. If a turkey wobbles and falls over, there’s only one thing you can do about that: Eat it!